Get Your Online Shop In Place Fast!
Online market places allow you to have an online shop effectively and fast. You get to sell online without going through the process of setting up an online shop or the need to build up a client base as this is already done for you and you only need to focus on the quality of your offering. This means you can set up your online business just a few hours after approval by the online market place. There is a wide range of benefits for this set up. The main disadvantage is the commissions you pay to the online shop.
All said, the advantages far surpass the disadvantages especially in a situation where taxation, stock control and warehousing are all managed by the online shop. These areas of business can be very sensitive and cost a fortune when not well managed. By reducing your focus to what you are truly good at, you can grow your business faster using an online market place. Below is a summary of key advantages of online market places
- Marketing; Most online market places have an affiliate program so you can capitalise on the power of the market places’ sales team as well as its SEO ranking.
- Accounting software; The inbuilt software does most of your accounting, thus reducing your own accounting time and costs
- Inventory management; market places like Amazon provide warehousing. This significantly reduces your operational costs. They also have special rates with shipping companies making costs to clients who shop online much lower than if you did the shipping.
As an African online entrepreneur you have a great advantage in that you can ship from middle east markets and sell in other markets in Europe and US as well as Africa. This gives you a large audience. Go to our services pages on for how to do this .
- Alibaba & Aliexpress; great deals on millions of products, buy direct from Chinese suppliers however you can also sell products from anywhere in the world
- Amazon; largest online shop, at Amazon, our vision is to be Earth’s most customer centric company; to build a place where people can come to find and discover virtually anything they want
- Artfire; marketplace, craft and maker community where people from around the world come together to buy, sell and interact
- Asos; home to the hottest new brands and vintage boutiques from around the world
- Bid or Buy; online marketplace that brings buyers and sellers together to trade almost anything through online auctions and fixed price sales. Country specific sites
- Bonanza; a very shopper-friendly marketplace
- Brika; features the work of authentic makers, artisans and designers, an online shopping experience that celebrates modern craft and storytelling
- Buy Buy Baby; pregnancy, nursery and other baby products
- Colabination; provides market exposure for the little guy. Kinda like the Mom & Pop shops of online fashion & design. Prro’s at scouting originality and authenticity in the ethos of brands represented
- DaWanda; for your handmade products, created by talented designers.
- Dondolo Shop; general products and cars
- Ebay; online shopping mall
- Etsy; online shopping mall
- Eyetrade; online classifieds
- iCraft; offers highest quality handmade Jewelry, hand-knitted products, home decor accessories and more from independent artists and crafters from around the globe
- Jumia; Online shopping mall
- Jovago; hotel booking for destinations around the world
- Kaymu; sell used and new products
- Kilimall; online mall
- Kivuko; online mall
- Lamudi; real estate portal. provides portal for property to buy and rent
- Modalyst; a wholesale marketplace where awesome stores meet the coolest brands. Be a retailer of the best independent brands from all over the world
- ModCloth; features independent designers. Wants to fundamentally change and democratize the fashion industry by creating a vibrant, social marketplace that empowers indie designers, suppliers, and community
- Need Supply Co.; a clothing and lifestyle store
- Nineteenth Amendment; created on the idea that fashion is a choice and that the garment production process for manufacturers in the US needed a makeover
- Not Just a Label; is the world’s leading designer platform for showcasing and nurturing today’s pioneers in contemporary fashion
- Of a Kind; aims to support and promote on-the-rise fashion designers by giving clients access to their unique products and stories
- One Kings Lane ; exciting, curated destination where consumers can shop, get inspired, find their favorite home and lifestyle brands, and discover new ones
- Pixie Market; apparel store
- Pure Home; home and lifestyle
- Rupu; discount site
- Shop24/7; online mall
- Society6; the artwork on Society6 is created by hundreds of thousands of artists from around the world
- Storenvy; the home to emerging brands and authentic goods. It’s a place where you can launch a custom store in minutes
- Sundance Catalog; offer a community art and nature that would foster artistic pursuits and recreational activity while preserving naturally beautiful and unique environment of Sundance
- Take a lot; online mall
- TakeawayUG; fast food
- The Grommet; gift shop
- The Wedding Mile; wedding dresses and accessories shop
- TripleClicks; online mall